From day to day, and even sometimes minute to minute, things have been drastically changing around us due to COVID-19 and it has been so difficult for everyone.
For those who have lost someone they love, these times are even more challenging - even more lonely, confusing and filled with anxiety.
Every life deserves to be honoured and remembered and yet many are wondering exactly how to do that with social distancing and the health and safety measures that have been put into place.
You have not been forgotten and your questions are valid.
As a Funeral Celebrant, I can help. There are a number of options which may suit you and your family during these trying times.
Here are a few suggestions:
1. An intimate graveside ceremony with close family
2. A private ash scattering ceremony
3. Any of the above options with a larger Celebration of Life at a later date.
4. Waiting and having a Celebration of Life at a later date.
5. An online ceremony (for private or public viewing). It can be broadcast live online, or recorded and then shared and viewed later.
An online ceremony can be made as elaborate or simple as you wish. As simple as having your Funeral Celebrant officiating a ceremony just to the video camera, to having a ceremony with a small group of people and sharing it with everyone who is not able to come.
There is also the opportunity to include music, picture slideshows and even other pre-recorded content (such as a eulogy or special tribute from a family member or friend).
Each family is different and each set of circumstances is unique.
I am here to work with you, finding that very special and meaningful way to honour your loved one.
You are not alone. Please feel free to connect with me via email, phone, text or even Facebook. I'd love to hear from you.